Update from September 2, 2014: The new version of the app is now live in the iTunes app store. To download/update, click here.
Here at When I Work, we’re committed to staying ahead of the game when it comes to designing apps that integrate seamlessly with your computer browsers and smartphones.
If you haven’t heard, Apple is about to release an update to the operating system that runs on the iPhone—from iOS 7 to iOS 8. It’s one of the biggest and most innovative updates Apple has ever developed—and it’s coming this fall.
To prepare, our developers have been hard at work completely redesigning the When I Work iPhone app. Like Apple, it will be our biggest update to date—and we couldn’t be more excited to share it with you.
Exciting New Features
Here are a few big changes you’ll see in the new version of the When I Work app:
- Overhauled user interface for iOS 7 & 8
- Dashboards for employees and managers
- Overhauled main schedule tab
- New calendar controls
- New way to switch between locations
- New tabs and updated organization
- Many other small tweaks and updates throughout the app!
Previews From The New App
We plan on releasing the update to our app in September. In the meantime, we wanted to give you an idea of what it will look like. Here are a few of the many new features you’ll see in the new app:
New Calendar Views
New Location Picker
As mentioned, there are many other additions and updates to our app, but to experience them you’ll just have to download our update when it goes live in September!
Where To Go For Help
If you need help using the new app once it goes live, you have a few options:
1. Find the solution to your problem by watching one of our education videos.
2. Visit our Help section.
3. Submit a ticket and someone our Support team will get back to you.
4. Ask us on Twitter.
How To Turn Off Automatic App Updates
As you may have noticed, iOS 7 gave users the ability to decide whether or not they want app updates to automatically download to their devices. If you do not want your phone to automatically download new updates to apps like ours, from your main iPhone screen go into Settings, iTunes & App Stores and look for the “Updates” option below automatic downloads. Toggle the Updates option to the off position. When Updates is turned off, you will be required to go into the App store and manually choose which apps you wish to update.
Please also note: Version 3.2.5 of the app will remain available, but we are unable to make any further technical updates or bug fixes to that version. That being said, as mentioned above—you can always contact our Support team if you have any questions or need any assistance.
A Few Notes Worth Mentioning
A few final notes we wanted to share with you:
- In order to download our updated app once it launches, you must be running IOS 7 on your iPhone. If you have not updated to iOS 7, do so today! Here’s a quick tutorial on how to make sure your software is up-to-date.
- Some of our Android users may be wondering why we’re releasing an update to our iOS app before we release one for our Android app. When Apple gave us the option to start beta-testing iOS 8 last year, we determined that the current version of our app no longer worked on phones running on iOS 8. As a result, we were forced to immediately begin work on revamping our iOS app so that it would work for iPhone users by the time Apple released iOS 8. Thankfully, during this time our development team has still been able to continue working hard on an update to our Android app, and we look forward to releasing it to users in the very near future. Stay tuned!
Share The News!
Help us share the news about our update! Feel free to copy/paste any of the pre-crafted posts and share them with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, or via email:
- When I Work is launching a redesigned employee scheduling app for iOS 7 & 8! Learn more here: http://bit.ly/1rT4gxf [Tweet this]
- I’m excited to try the new version of the @wheniwork employee scheduling app when it comes in September! Preview it: http://bit.ly/1rT4gxf [Tweet this]
- Hey bosses & managers! Want a better way to schedule? Try When I Work. They have a new version of their app coming: http://bit.ly/1rT4gxf [Tweet this]